Skip to main content
- "Outstanding Full-Time Faculty" May 2009, School of Information Resources and Library Science, University of Arizona
- "Most Progressive Full-Time Faculty" Spring 2009 award by Progressive Librarians Guild SIRLS chapter, University of Arizona.
- Elected into full membership of Beta Phi Mu International Library and Information Studies Honor Society. 2007-
- The Berner Nash Memorial Award for outstanding doctoral dissertation, May 2005. Graduate School of Library and Information Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Dissertation title: Automating Semantic Markup of Semi-Structured Text via an Induced Knowledge Base: A Case-Study Using Floras. Completed April 2005.
- The Incomplete List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Their Students, Fall 2004 for LIS390W1A, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Jean Tague-Sutcliffe Award, Association for Library and Information Science Education, 2004
- GSLIS Fellowship, UIUC 2002-2003